Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Mail Order Souvenirs

     There are many reasons that we may return from a trip and find that we just don't have the souvenirs and little goodies that would be great reminders of our adventure.  When I travel with my grand kids, we travel on a budget.  Often we can't afford to buy the souvenirs we want; not right then.  Thanks to the new airline policies with baggage, it may not be all that feasible to bring back everything you would like, especially if it could lead to additional bags.  And then there is that 'old person' moment that you can have at any age, where you return with a small gift for almost everyone.  'Almost' being the key word.  How much of a jerk do you feel like when you have a great t-shirt for all the neighbor kids except for the one kid who fed and watered your pets and plants and even cleaned up the dog poop so you could come home to a clean yard? 

     Well, never fear.  I have found so many options to hauling back a suitcase full of novelties.  Some of these options may actually be better than making the purchases while on your trip.  There are some things that you can never get through mail order.  If you are like me, I like to bring back a little baggie of sand from the beaches I visit.  Gotta do that one at the moment.  I have found some great sites for the basics and some custom items for much the same price as the 'off the shelf' items.
      I will share you some great sites in the months to come, just in time for the holidays.  After all, it is never to late to share your experiences.   Or, to revisit a great time you had years ago.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking for a too tough to die charm for necklace. I bought one fifteen years ago and Passed it along to a friend who needed it. Now I would like another one, any luck?

    ReplyDelete